I’ll talk. I’ll talk. Saddam is in the spider hole! Barack is in the White House!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
The late Father John Harden, S.J. once observed that we live in a sex-intoxicated society. Even an individual with even trace amounts of testosterone in his system would be hard pressed to deny the veracity of this statement. We are assaulted on all sides by the denigrating of human sexuality in billboards, magazines, and all manner of media. One could scarcely find a television program or a movie that didn’t glorify some perversion of the marital embrace.
It is, indeed, a jungle out there. And even the best-intentioned man out there has to be ever vigilant lest he too fall victim to the myriad of lies that abound. The writer of Proverbs warns us clearly that “sin is pleasant for a season, but afterward it is as bitter as wormwood.” And there is always an afterward.
Maybe Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said:
Enter ye in by the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many are they that enter in thereby. For narrow is the gate, and straitened the way, that leadeth unto life, and few are they that find it.
Abortophiles promise to “empower” women by dismembering their unborn children. While this promise is manifestly a lie, we have yet to discover the depths of the bondage that this barbarism has ensnared the fairer sex. But one snapshot of this holocaust portrays women as being perpetually in heat and emasculated, opportunistic, and abusive men oblige them with all the romance normally reserved for a pin cushion – and that only in the absence of some less obligating orifice.
And to this outrage we add the rising tide of Islam, which is sodomitic, pedophilic, and necrophilic to its core. Exaggeration, you say? Look at the Koran. Look at the life of Mohammed (may pig excrement forever be upon him). Look at the legislation emanating from those countries that would bring sharia upon us all, where “farewell sex” (the practice of a husband penetrating the corpse of his recently deceased wife). Or as they say in Arabic, one for the road.
Couple these, if you’ll forgive the pun, with the rise of what can only be described as demonic activity among us. Exaggeration, you say? To what, then, would you attribute the growing reports of naked men chewing the face off another naked man, on a city street, in broad daylight, growling at the confronting police officer, who only stops after that police officer empties his high capacity magazine into the attacker’s chest?
Can we even be a little bit surprised at the rampant pedophilia among us? When the marital embrace is divorced from, well, marriage – between one man and one woman for life – is there any prohibition, any restraint, any denial of animalistic urge that is nothing more than committing the unpardonable sin of “imposing your morality” on someone else?
Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky is currently on trial for his child rape of a dozen or so victims over a span of years. Most notable of those assaults, is the one witnessed by another male staff member of the Penn State athletic department. He claims to have watched Sandusky raping a boy in the locker room. Rather than putting a forty caliber hole in Sandusky’s head, or cratering his skull with a cinder block or a two-by-four, or beating the living crap out of him with his fists, he ran.
He ran like a girl!
That child’s blood (and that of all of Sandusky’s subsequent victims) is not only on Sandusky’s head, but on that gutless, nutless wonder on the payroll. He was (apparently) the only other adult who could have intervened. Instead he abandoned a child who was actively being attacked.
Just this week a father in Texas walked into his own home and witnessed one of his employees molesting his four year old daughter. The father stopped the attack and with his bare hands beat the attacker to death before he could do more harm. No taxpayer money. No trial. Case closed. Child saved. Move along citizens, there’s nothing to see here.
The call to Christian Fatherhood includes guarding ourselves from the barrage of temptations. We are also called to protect our wives and our children. For these tasks, the Sacraments are indispensable. While guarding their spiritual well being is paramount, it can not be separated from protecting them physically.
P.S. This Sunday is Father’s Day. Call your Dad and tell him you love him. I wish I could call mine.
Because nothing says hate like “I want to spend eternity with you in heaven.”
- This year’s Al Sharpton Unsubstantiated Allegation award goes to Abraham H. Foxman, National Director of the Anti-Defamation League. In his article Latin Mass Cause of Concern, Foxman betrays just how little he knows of Judaism and – if it’s possible – even greater ignorance of Catholicism.
- He begins with the bald assertion that anti-Semitism is resurgent in the world. This comes as a complete surprise to me. I’ve hardly ever experienced any anti-Semitism of either the ancient or the resurgent variety. I did manage, however, to finagle an extra 10% off a recent purchase, which is about as satisfying as a lox and cream cheese bagel. O.K., I’m exaggerating; there’s actually nothing quite as satisfying as a lox and cream cheese bagel. So sue me!
- Foxman also decries the Church’s “2,000-year history of anti-Semitism.” Imagine the surprise of Peter, Paul, and the other Jew-boy apostles who got a real chuckle out of that one. Especially when they recollect their days together in Jerusalem – or as Jesse Jackson calls it, Hymietown.
- With Vatican II apparently serving as the basis for his expectations, Foxman is disappointed that the Church fails to fully embrace the poorly reasoned ruminations of a selectively-observant Jew. But negotiation and consensus is not how the Church that Christ instituted operates.
- As a Jew, Foxman might be vaguely familiar with this principle: it’s called the Ten Commandments, not the top ten tips for interfaith dialogue. At the end of his little rant, he hopes that the Church’s teachings are not “written in stone” which of course they are (as are the Ten Commandments to which Foxman unintentionally referred).
- Foxman likes to use terms like “destructive doctrine,” “theological revolution,” “retrograde forces,” and “old church prejudices and teachings.” But his hands-down favorite is “conceptual,” used unimmaculately as an adjective for “revolution,” “underpinnings,” “breakthrough,” and “basis.”
- Several things really get under Foxman’s yarmulke. He thinks the Church is responsible for the charge of “deicide” against the Jews that executed the Messiah. News flash for Foxman: that is the judgment that the Jews pronounced on themselves (a well known principle in Jewish jurisprudence). He also doesn’t like the “destructive doctrine” or “the notion that Christianity supersedes Judaism as the true religion.”
- Three things get me about this one. First, he creates a term (“supersessionism”), uses it a pejorative, and then ascribes its origin to the Church. Second, Foxman implies that Judaism is the “true religion,” thereby relegating every other religion to the status of false. Just how intolerant can this guy get?
- Third, Christianity doesn’t just supersede Judaism, it completes it. I – for one – enjoy the status of Completed Jew. Foxman tacitly admits the truth of this fulfillment since he, as the arbiter of all things Jewish, no longer offers animal sacrifices.
- So I criticize Foxman’s lack of scholarship and the fact that he seems to hate rational thought, which speaks to his intellect and possibly to his integrity. But I also invite him to be Complete, which addresses the state of his soul. Hey, Abraham, come out of the darkness into His marvelous light. It’s great over here! So what’s not to like?
- But what really gets Foxman’s Bermuda shorts in a bunch is not his dubious, revisionist history, but the fact that a centuries old prayer is being revitalized. His big beef is the fact that the Vatican didn’t adopt ex cathedra his “strong objections” to the faithful praying for the conversion of Jews. He also doesn’t like the “tone” of the prayer. Want some cheese with that whine, Foxman? Exactly why would he strongly object – in substance or in tone – to someone, anyone, everyone praying that the Jews as a people get to spend eternity in heaven? If anyone is antisemitic here, it sounds to me like it’s Foxman.
- Does he also “strongly object” to the actions of St. Maximilian Kolbe, the Franciscan who hid thousands of Jews in Poland and was later executed after volunteering to die in the place of another prisoner at Auschwitz? Does he “strongly object” to the historical fact that Pope Pius XII worked so closely with Rabbi Israel Zolli to save Jews from persecution during the Nazi regime.
- One little footnote for Foxman, the friendship established between the rabbi and the Pope during the wartime years led eventually to the decision by Rabbi Zolli to convert to Catholicism. When he was baptized, Zolli took the name “Eugenio,” in honor of Pope Pius, who was born Eugenio Pacelli. It is unclear exactly what impact the 2000 years of prayer for the conversion of Jews had in Zolli’s decision to convert.
- Foxman stresses ad nauseum the importance of “interfaith programs.” But he misses the importance of praying for and living out the concern for those who are tap-dancing on the rim of an active volcano.
- Foxman doesn’t mind Catholics, as long as they are of the liberal, feministic, contracepting, effeminate, pro-abortion, and unevangelistic variety. In his world, all others are “retrograde forces within the church” who need to be silenced with the unsupported (and unsupportable) accusation of not liking Jews.
- It is not the direct goal of the Church to reconcile Catholics and Jews. That will happen, of course, but only after the Church’s mission of reconciling sinners to a holy God is successful. Thankfully a Jewish Messiah makes all that possible.
The Daily Caller broke the story a few minutes ago:
Live Action says Planned Parenthood and other U.S. abortion providers are willing to assist in the termination of baby girls for pregnant women who choose abortion because they want to have baby boys. And the pro-life abortion watchdog says its video series and a new website will expose it all.
“This was a multi-state, national investigation demonstrating that this is a widespread problem across our country,” Live Action president Lila Rose told The Daily Caller in an interview Monday.
“First of all, the statistics and studies indicate that we are adding to the growing problem across the world of sex-selective targeting of unborn girls for abortion. We are going to be demonstrating — starting with this video from Texas — that the abortion industry in the United States is aiding and abetting this horrific problem.”
The first in what Live Action says is a series of videotaped incidents exposing American abortion facilities’ willingness to assist in sex-selection abortions took place at a South Austin, Texas Planned Parenthood clinic. In the footage, a Planned Parenthood counselor appears to readily assist and advise a Live Action actor who said she was trying to obtain an abortion if her baby is female.
“In this video, what is astounding is that Rebecca, the Planned Parenthood counselor, starts arranging with the actor about how to get a late-term abortion,” Rose said. “To wait until her pregnancy is so developed that — and using Medicaid for this, using the state to pay for the ultrasound to determine the gender, and then to do a late term abortion if it was a little girl.”
Live Action would not say how many abortion providers complied with their investigators’ requests or how many they visited. The group did provide The Daily Caller with a link to its unedited video footage from the South Austin clinic.
I was shocked at how cavalierly the Planned Parenthood employee recommends waiting until after 20 weeks to abort a baby girl….
When G.E. first released this TV ad for 4D ultrasound in 2002, it was hailed by pro-life groups everywhere – as well as by conservative columnists such as George Will and Cal Thomas – which made liberals angry. They called it propaganda and It disappeared very quickly.
I’m guessing because the pressure from pro-abortion forces was more effective than praise for pro-lifers. GE has since changed its slogan from “Bringing Good Things to Life” to “Imagination at Work” – almost as though Life had become a 4-letter word.
Over the years, I wrote to G.E.several times to ask what happened to the ad and whether I could buy a copy. They never replied.
Then bootleg copies began appearing on YouTube and the faithful kept resurrecting it
Thanking God for YouTube – so no one forgets the beauty of one ad, the beauty of life.
Thanks to Mommy Life for passing this along.
Since Facebook has this whole Timeline thingy and, more importantly, it just went public and generated a few bizillion dollars, I thought I would create my own. Let me know if you can relate . . . and the best comment will share in the vast wealth that I’m gonna have when I go public. Probably call it Faceplant.
1962 vs 2012
1962: Long hair
2012: Longing for hair
1962: Acid rock
2012: Acid reflux
1962: Moving to California because it’s cool
2012: Moving to Arizona because it’s warm
1962: Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor
2012: Trying NOT to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor
1962: Seeds and stems
1962: Hoping for a BMW
2012: Hoping for a BM
1962: Going to a new, hip joint
2012: Receiving a new hip joint
1962: Rolling Stones
2012: Kidney Stones
1962: Passing the drivers’ test
2012: Passing the vision test
H/T to D. Hirsh
Don’t just sew; lock and load!
Gary North clarifies Warren Buffet’s right hand man.
“Gold is a great thing to sew onto your garments if you’re a Jewish family in Vienna in 1939 but civilized people don’t buy gold – they invest in productive businesses.” ~ Charlie Munger
Charlie Munger is Warren Buffett’s partner. He is 88 years old. You can see his remark in this brief extract from an interview on CNBC.
That sounded clever. But cleverness can conceal a great deal.
Jews in Vienna were civilized people. Uncivilized people had been running the government ever since March 1938. The Nazis were in charge.
The trouble facing civilized people who are under the control of uncivilized people is that they suffer from an illusion. They don’t understand the degree to which the uncivilized people are uncivilized.
Read the rest here.