Tonight’s the night that my children and I will celebrate our annual National Democrat Night. Actually, it will be just my younger children and some grandchildren. My older ones think they are too old, too mature for such frivolity.
With all of the sense of entitlement of government school kids, we will menacingly prowl our neighborhood and demand that others – who clearly have more than we do – give the fruits of their labor to us. After all, it’s only fair! And it better not be any lame apples.
In keeping with the theme, we dress up like our favorite Democrat. I use the word “favorite” very, very loosely. Like everything Democrat, it’s a relative term. Some of the favorite costumes include:
- Nancy Pelosi mask. It has a drawstring in the back so you can make the face as tight as you want.
- Barack Obama mask. It’s popularity is down this year.
- Joe Biden mask. I hate this one. It won’t stop saying really stupid things.
- Eric Holder mask. It didn’t even know about Halloween until a couple of weeks ago.
- Hillary Clinton mask. Enough said.
This year we are adding a nod to the plight of the Occupy Wall Street crowd. I mean, we gotta stand together against the corporate greed of mega-corporations like Hersheys, Brachs, and m&m’s. So instead of saying “Trick or Treat” we are chanting, “What do we want? We don’t know. When do we want it? Now!”
It should be fun. And really, really scary!